The HC3 manager position will lead program operations, coordinate with community partners, and implement strategies for key HC3 initiatives and activities, with a specific focus on managing and facilitating the PATH (Pediatric Adolescent Transformative Health Care) Collaborative part of the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) Transformation Collaboratives. The majority (approximately 85 percent) of the position’s duties and responsibilities will support HC3’s collaboration with PATH as the “Transformation Specialist.” The other 15 percent will be direct project and relationship management of HC3 activities and initiatives.
As part of the HFS Transformation Collaboratives, the HC3 manager will act as the Transformation Specialist for the PATH. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and cultivation of a learning collaborative to advance change management strategies among collaborative participants and beyond
- Conduct market research to assist with disseminating analysis findings to the collaborative’s leadership and stakeholders
- Harness the power of HC3’s diverse membership to disseminate information strategically and best practices and conduct technology transfer to expand impact across Chicago’s health care sectors
- Collaborate and support HC3’s strategic vision, ensuring the mission is fulfilled through impactful member programs and initiatives and the cultivation of strategic partnerships
- Serve as strategic community partner actively participating in external events, both increasing visibility, credibility, and brand in the market and developing strategic partnerships to increase community awareness and expand opportunities specifically for PATH as well as HC3
- Support the administration of operations of HC3, including but not limited to member onboarding and retention, program development and initiative management, content creation, event management, and marketing
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to health care or business (e.g., public health, health administration, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience demonstrating management and leadership in a hospital, health system, federally qualified health center (FQHC), community-based organization (CBO), social services or government agency, health consulting firm, or professional services setting
- Demonstrated success in project, client, or community management
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills – able to troubleshoot issues independently and focus on solutions
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Track record of providing valuable insights to external audiences
- Expertise in the industry and an aptitude for innovation to create and execute strategic solutions that will strongly connect with the local market
- Proficient client manager and liaison – able to work effectively with clients and support C-level leaders in developing client relationships and executing project deliverables
- Self-directed and resourceful
- Proficient leadership skills to manage and motivate a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Dedicated to personal and team growth – takes the initiative to develop and master new skill sets and sets an example for others
- Knowledge of Chicago’s health and social services ecosystem and/or health care business community, including key organizations, stakeholders, and influencers in the region a plus
- Knowledge of or experience with marketing and communications strategies and implementation a plus
|Reports to||Executive Director, HC3|
|Location||Third Horizon Strategies’ (THS) and the Health Care Council of Chicago’s (HC3) headquarters are in Chicago, IL. THS operates a hybrid office model where staff work in the office or remotely based on their role and responsibilities.|
|Travel||This position will require travel in Chicago and the surrounding area. There may be occasional travel within Illinois and/or out of state for training or meetings.|
Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time during events.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Must be able to work a variety of hours to accommodate events and meetings from time to time that are outside of regular business.
|Start Date||Q1 – 2024 (Tuesday, January 2)|
About Health Care Council of Chicago (HC3)
HC3 members have joined together with a common purpose to harness the collective intelligence and resources of Chicago’s health leaders and stakeholders to drive meaningful change and positively influence the conditions that impact the health of the city’s communities. HC3 is an initiative managed by Third Horizon Strategies. www.HC3.health