Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage key behavioral health client relationships and provide customer-focused services to a diverse clientele.
- Produce high-quality work products and deliverables such as written reports, PowerPoint presentations, policy analysis, and facilitation engagements.
- Develop proposals, work plans, and budgets for potential projects and contribute to overall business development efforts.
- Support THS behavioral health team and client engagements with qualitative and secondary research, analysis, and periodic note-taking.
- Work collaboratively with the THS behavioral health team to provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership.
- Remain informed on relevant national and local policy issues, trends, and developments within the behavioral health field.
- Engage in firm-wide activities such as all-staff meetings, behavioral health team meetings, and company retreats.
Education and Special Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to behavioral health, public health, health care, or business; A master’s degree or commensurate experience is preferred.
- A minimum of five to ten years of progressively responsible experience in a behavioral health, health care, or human services setting, community-based organization (CBO)/nonprofit organization, government agency, health consulting firm, or professional services setting.
- Demonstrated success in project, client, or community management.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills – able to troubleshoot issues independently and focus on solutions.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Track record of providing valuable insights to external audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including overseeing project deliverables of junior staff within a matrix management structure. Self-directed and resourceful.
- Dedicated to personal and team growth – takes the initiative to develop and master new skill sets and sets an example for others.
- Knowledge of publicly funded behavioral health and health care services; direct experience working with or in Medicaid is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent work streams.